Xenia Kaldara (Metaxia Tsirtavi) was born in Kavala. She studied Pedagogy and Psychology. Her professional experience includes work in journalism as well as Promotion, Communication, and Advertising.
She is the President of the Board of Directors and General Director of the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation.
Founder and Director of the production company “TEOXENIA.”
Some examples of her work include:
- Organization and Production of the Cultural Year of Greece in China, with the participation of 58 major Greek producers.
- Organization and Production of significant performances from abroad (Fura Dels Baus, Piccolo Teatro (Giorgio Strehler), Nuria Espert, etc.).
- Co-production in the play “The Dead Brother” directed by Sotiris Hatzakis, starring Maya Morgensten and Margarita Tzepa, which was presented in Athens and the Balkans (Albania, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria).
As a journalist, she has served as the director for the production of educational documentaries at the Educational Department of the State Television Broadcaster.
- Additionally, she worked as a music producer and journalist at the radio station Athens 9.84.
- She also held similar positions at the radio station Kanali 1 Peiraias.
- Furthermore, she took on the roles of program director, music producer, and journalist at the radio station SKAI 100.4, and exclusively as a music producer at the radio station Melodia 99.2.
- Moreover, she contributed as a writer for the magazine “EPSILON” of Eleftherotypia.
Xenia Kaldara has made significant contributions in the fields of journalism and artistic production and worked closely with Michael Cacoyannis and Irene Papas for many years. She has also served as an appointed advisor to the Ministry of Tourism, specifically overseeing the Athens and Epidaurus Festival.