Ozan Taylan Uzel is the current Head of Network and Cooperations & Business Development unit for Arkas Line. After completing his bachelor’s degree in Engineering in 1999, he has completed the “Maersk International Shipping Education” management trainee program back in 2002. He is a seasoned business leader with a proven track record. He has hold various management roles within AP Moller Maersk Group (2000-2011), followed by Duo Energy (2011-2015) and lately Arkas Line (2015 onwards);
- 2003-2005 Regional Trade Manager (Intra Europe, Eastern Europe Area, Moscow)
- 2005-2007 Country Manager Safmarine Container Lines (Istanbul)
- 2007-2008 GM Maersk Line Country Operations (Istanbul)
- 2008-2009 Regional Trade & Marketing GM (Russia/Baltics Cluster, St Petersburg)
- 2009-2010 Group Trade Manager & Line Manager ScanMed (Intra Europe Trade, HQ, Copenhagen)
- 2010-2011 GM Intra Med Business Development & Special Equipment Projects (Med Region, Istanbul)
- 2011-2015 Managing Partner Duo Energy
- 2015-2016 Group Trade Manager & Line Manager ASA/SEM (West Med Trade, HQ, Istanbul)
- 2016- Group Manager, Network & Business Development (Arkas Line Trades, HQ, Istanbul)
He is married, and has 2 daughters.
The future outlook of global shipping and its regional consequences
-Ups and Downs in the shipping industry: after the crisis, good news?
-Consolidation, the days of alliances. What will be the consequences for the ship-
owners? For the different shipping activities? And beyond, for the global trade?
-From now, what to expect from the future? Older and new challenges?